We are masters of all types of paving so do not hesitate Give Lifetime Driveways a call for a reliable and friendly service. Infinite range of patterns created to your choice. We’ll take time to talk you through different designs, patterns, colours and styles to suit and enhance your property.
For driveways, block paving is now the most popular form of hard landscaping. We do everything from block paving to yorkstone driveways.
Block paving – What we do:
- Design and layout consultation.
- Dig out and remove debris from site by lorry same day (no skips).
- Apply weed control membrane(if required) to prevent shifting or sinking.
- Level 150-200mm of MOT type one sub-base (as used for road foundations) laid and compacted in two layers of 75-100mm
- Compact sub base area using vibrating heavy duty industrial compactor plate.
- Renew any manholes with inset block paving manhole cover, install any drainage that is required(linear channel drains, gullies etc) and renew any storm drains or soakaways if required.
- Lay, compact and level approximately 30-50mm of sharp sand (sand acts as a shock absorber).
- Lay and set chosen edging with a concrete base.
- Lay block paving to the colour and pattern chosen (herringbone, stretcher bond, basket weave etc).
- Patterns including diamonds or squares etc also available.
- Sweep kiln dried sand (jointing sand) between blocks to complete a solid driveway.
- Compact driveway for the final time using heavy duty industrial compactor plate.
- Clear, clean and tidy site.
- Customer inspection.